Tune in for Roboy updates in our Telegram channel @roboysays (announcements only)
WANT TO JOIN ROBOY?
Come to our
info event … who needs info events, when you can have it digital!
- This is still from WS2021, it’s mostly accurate, the semester-dates will change obviously 🙂
You still have questions? Talk to us on Telegram: https://t.me/joinroboy
What if you could help shape the world around a humanoid robot? And a very special one indeed – because it’s imitating the human musculoskeletal system, this robot is even harder to work with. But it is also immensely rewarding and likely you will never grow as much as you will during Roboy Student Team.
Your investment? All of your time, your skill, your passion and your love. In return you might become part of the most unique robot team in the world – if you’re selected.
- Carefully read all the info below – we will ask questions on the content in the interview
- Decide that you really wanna do this – when we said it’s a lot of work, we mean it, it’s not like you win a competition by waiting for the work to get done 😉
- Fill the form at the end of the page before 10.2.21
- Book the interview here: https://calendly.com/roboy/roboy-interview – slots are limited and given on first-come first-serve basis
- Learn if you’re accepted by 14.2. in the evening, so you can still update your preference in matching
- If you’re accepted, put Roboy Student Team or Seminar to Prio 1 in Matching – we will do so too.
WIN WITH US
We’re the only Bavarian (and 1 of 2 in Germany) team left competing in the largest robotics competition of the world. So if you’re serious about becoming a roboticist that’s the easiest way of getting to know all the awesome labs, robots and companies around them.
At Roboy you can do
- Lab Course
- For Informatics & RCI: Roboy Student Team, IN2106
- Theses (BSc, MSc, Semester)
- Forschungs/Ingenieurs Praxis (as EE student)
At Roboy you not only build and control robots but also make them intelligent and so much more. We do full stack robotics, so here’s the menu:
– Cognition – Apply artificial intelligence to make the robot interactive
– Control – Use state of the art algorithms to tame the robot’s mechanical complexity and solve the issues around locomotion, grasping, path planning, full body motion control
– Simulation – Robots break easily, in simulation not so much – use it to learn control paradigms before applying them to the hardware.
– Sensory Processing – computer vision, computer audition, speech to text, text to speech, pose estimation, sensory skin and sensor fusion
– Electrical Engineering – build the electronics of the robot, from power train to low-level control, from sensors to actuation control – and of course the embedded programming to make it work.
– Mechanical Engineering – lightweight design, 3D printing, generative design, ergonomic design, biologically inspired actuation and skeleton – build the basis for the exoskeleton and prosthetics of the future.
– Industrial Design – Make the robot look amazing, and the users fall in love with it.
– Computational Neuroscience – Interface with the human body, implement biologically plausible algorithms on neuromorphic hardware, transferring algorithms from the human body to the robot.
– Games – Use Roboy as an actor and build games around him – for children or grown ups!
– Augmented and Virtual Reality – Build interfaces to remote control the robot, applications with or for Roboy.
– UX – A robot needs to be controlled and it needs to be intuitive – build the interface to create Roboy the Avatar
– Auxiliary – Roboy is a big team and it needs the tools to be managed – from automated deployment, continuous integration to our fully digital inventory – we strive to become more efficient, so there is more time for awesome technology.
– Skills – Combine all of the above and make Roboy do things: shake hands, serve ice cream, become a cook and much more.